Where to Buy RAM ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Fcal124, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Fcal124 macrumors newbie

I'm abandoning the PC ship and coming over to MAC. My mac pro should be here tomorrow. I ordered it with 4gigs of ram, but am already thinking of upgrading. I was checking out OWC 2x2gigs for $175. Is their memory reliable, and will it be compatible with the installed apple ram?

2. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I have 6GB of OWC Memory in my MAC PRO and have never had a problem. :)

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes, OWC is great, and yes, it'll work just fine.

4. Fcal124 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. As I understand it, the larger 2g ram boards should go into the A1 and B1 slots with the 1g boards going into A2/B2, A3/B3.

5. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I have OWC ram in my computer. Everything worked fine for 4 months and than I had a memory problem. OWC was right there for me. By the time I shipped back the problem ram and received the new ram was 7 working days and I live in Canada. You need to buy from a company with this kind of support. ;)

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

7. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

To verify the correct way to add memory to the current gen Mac Pros (which differs from the first gen) just check out this video at OWC which details it nicely. I'm posting the link to the medium quality vid (36Mb) though larger and smaller ones are available on the site under the Tech Support tab.

http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/index.cfm?page=Video/macproearly08/memory/med.html

Congrats on your new acquisition- I'm picking up mine next week and already have the OWC memory in hand ready for it! :D

8. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

I have 2 * 4G sticks that I bought from Transintl http://www.transintl.com/ . They have great heatsinks and have been very good so far.
    I live in Norway (Europe) and they delivered very fast