Where to buy reliable Wall Charger + USB Cable?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by asdf12312, Dec 18, 2011.

1. asdf12312 macrumors newbie

I looked on Amazon, most of the reviews say the wall charger doesn't work with the iPhone 4 (charging not supported by this accessory, or just doesn't charge).

Or the USB cable doesn't charge from the PC, only syncs.

So where can I get a charger + USB cable that works like the OEM apple one without paying $20 for it?

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Anywhere that sells one that meets the required specs. You can search/Google for them if you don't know what they are. I don't recall off the top of my head -- something like 10W/2A. I suggest Monoprice for such items if you don't want to pay the Apple premium.

USB is 500mA on many PC's. 1000mA = 1A. Again, pay attention to the specs.

3. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

1amp is what you are looking for. 2 amps is for iPad.

The cheap Apple clone wall chargers-the little cube-sometimes work, sometimes don't. I have 3 and 1 of them will make the iphone act crazy while it's plugged in, the others are ok. Stick with a name brand-Belkin, Griffin if you don't want to gamble.

4. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

store.apple.com?

BestBuy for OEM.

Why gamble by saving $15-$20 on a charger that is charging a $600 device.

5. 911turbo macrumors newbie

Get the original charger or apple authorized chargers. Apple has a chip at the USB port to verified if the charger is authentic or not. I like good quality knock off stuff... but so far i just cannot find reliable knock-off chargers