Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nobodyhome

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
So I read through the Buying Tips and Advice rules and I don't think this breaks the rules. If it does then I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention.

I'm looking for a replacement "duckhead" for a Macbook Pro. Not interesting in buying a whole new charge cord set. Is there a place that sells official Apple parts? I looked on Amazon, but I'm concerned about buying something that's likely a knockoff and frying my computer.

Advice on some good online stores?

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
They're being replaced due to shock hazard.

Check the recall as you could be in for a new one.

I would never use a third-party part. The recall seems due to a risk if you abuse it only.

Blackstick

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2014
OH
So I read through the Buying Tips and Advice rules and I don't think this breaks the rules. If it does then I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention.

I'm looking for a replacement "duckhead" for a Macbook Pro. Not interesting in buying a whole new charge cord set. Is there a place that sells official Apple parts? I looked on Amazon, but I'm concerned about buying something that's likely a knockoff and frying my computer.

Advice on some good online stores?
Genius bars will sell you the official part for about $5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.