Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
My 2012 MBA won't boot up. I am taking it to the Apple Store this weekend to see if its the power cable or something internal.

If it's simply the power cable, does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy a replacement other than Apple? It appears that macbookadapter.com has very good prices. In this particular case, I am fine buying 3rd party rather than from apple. I would prefer, however, to stay aware from anything shady with no reputation.

Thanks for any feedback

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
My 2012 MBA won't boot up. I am taking it to the Apple Store this weekend to see if its the power cable or something internal.

If it's simply the power cable, does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy a replacement other than Apple? It appears that macbookadapter.com has very good prices. In this particular case, I am fine buying 3rd party rather than from apple. I would prefer, however, to stay aware from anything shady with no reputation.

Thanks for any feedback
Apple has never authorized a 3rd party to use the Magsafe connector. All 3rd party power adapters should be regarded as shady.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.