Where to buy Screen Covers for iPhone 4??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tyrenlds, Jul 1, 2010.

1. tyrenlds macrumors newbie

Just went in to pick up a bumper and some screen protectors at my apple store. Got the bumper but the guy said they won't be carrying screen protectors for the iphone 4.

Where is a good place to find these online? I just want to cover the front and back.

2. anitrajw macrumors regular

Bestskinever, wrapsol, or invisible shield by zagg

3. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

4. tyrenlds thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the suggestions... which one is the best? I'm hoping to avoid any screens that use adhesives... looking for the 'static cling' type.

5. g8rdmd macrumors member

Zagg shields are nearly indestructible. Had my 3Gs wrapped for one year (since launch day) and it stayed pristine. Have on on order for my 4 :cool:

6. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Apple doesn't carry screen protectors because they don't "believe" in them. Best buy has invisible shield by zagg, but they only had the front protectors at my location.

I bought an Invisible Shield full protection dry install from my local ATT store. Good luck.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

They're fine if you like them, I've used them before (two of three) and didn't like either the orange peel finish, the slightly sticky feel of the plastic film, or the longer term tendency to collect dirt on the adhesive at the edges.

These days I use the type which doesn't require a wet application. Good ones I've used are from Boxwave, Clarivue, and Incipio. Not sure if Incipio has them out for the iphone4 yet.

8. tyrenlds thread starter macrumors newbie

Just called PowerSupport regarding the release date for their iPhone 4 crystal film set. Looks like they're shipping July 26th, with no plans for a back peice. It only comes with 2 front covers. Bummer, i've used these on my 3G and they're great. Won't be spending $20.00 bucks a pop for just one side though.

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

WOW.... that really sux.... :( i'll be buying a pack, though... since you get two that's one for my phone and one for hubby's phone... guess i'll go with SGP for the back, then...

damn you, powersupport :mad:

10. djgulia macrumors 6502

Power Support are my favorite. The $5 bump in price is ridiculous but I'll buy a pack anyway.

11. orangecrushv macrumors regular

12. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

I'm using an iFrogz anti-glare for now as I wait for my PowerSupport anti-glare. The iFrogz is okay, but not what I'm after ... I just needed something to hold me over until I get the PowerSupport. I will say this: Avoid ScreenGuardz. I tried that and it leaves raised edges all over the place ... around the edges of the screen, around the home button, and around the earpiece. Only after a little research (with positive results) did I read here that that was an issue. Kinda disappointing that I wasted the money on those.

13. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

The only one I could find locally was the iFrogz anti-glare as well, and it's better than I thought it would be. In fact, it seems to be pretty much on par with the Powersupport anti-glare I was using on my 3GS. It does a great job of reducing reflection and fingerprints. On the other hand, the screen is so nice on the iPhone 4 that I'm thinking of moving away from the anti-glare protectors. The have a texture to them that appears to reduce resolution and clarity a bit.

I'm leaning towards getting a clear one, and I guess Powersupport would be the best?