where to buy the MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DCSMAC, Feb 27, 2008.

1. DCSMAC macrumors member

alright...my ibook g4 is really starting to slow my productivity as a student, so im in the market for a new MBP. after looking at the apple store, it looks like there is over $100 tax, which brings the total of the mbp to over $1900. on the other hand, you can get the same model for $1850 on amazon after rebate (im assuming no tax because its amazon). is there any advantage to buying from apple in this case? do i still get teh free 100$ printer rebate if i buy from amazon, or would i lose out on any such deals? if i was to wait until june (somehow) would buying from amazon still make me eligible for the free ipod student deal?

thanks.

2. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Another option would be a third party reseller like SmallDog. They do a great job and often have deals or will match those from other retailers.

If it means anything, they are one of the few surviving Apple 3rd party retailers that do only Apple. Great people and fantastic support.

Woof!

MacDann

3. methodmano macrumors member

I hate to write this, but Best Buy isn't a bad place to get one if you need the financing options they offer.

4. mets1125 macrumors regular

If you do decide o go to best buy sign up to reward zone. You'll get a few $ back from your purchase. BTW its free to sign up.

5. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

If you can wait until they are in stock, Amazon in my opinion, is the ultimate place to buy a Mac.

6. DCSMAC thread starter macrumors member

so i still get the free printer rebate from apple?

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I bought my MBP at BestBuy on my BB card. Got 6 months interest free. I also will be buying my MacBook there.