iPad Where to buy the new ipad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by guychicago, Oct 28, 2013.

1. guychicago macrumors 6502

guychicago

All - I have been lurking on this forum for a long time and love reading most of the threads ;-)
    What is the best place to buy the Ipad Air this weekend? I'm Chicago and Crook county charges 10% tax. Perhaps another big box store has a promotion!
    Here is what we know so far -
    Apple - $499
    Walmart - $479
    Target - ? + 5% red card savings. They had the previous one on sale for $459 or $499 with $40 Target gift card
    MicroCenter - Usually $459
    Bestbuy -?

2. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

Another place that often gets forgotten that may or may not have the iPad Air on launch day, is Radio Shack. Their supply is typically much less than others, but some have found the latest iPhones at these stores with much shorter lines. It might be worth keeping an eye on but I doubt they will have the lower prices.

As for myself, I will probably go through Apple or Best Buy.

3. Macalway macrumors 68000

I've lived in Chicago for a short while and this is the first time I've heard Crook county ( for some reason); maybe because it's too true :eek:

Note: Then you have the 'Windy City' thing. Considering the wind blows constantly, I find it odd how everyone says it's called this because of wind bags, not the atmosphere.

I digress