Where to buy USB cable for iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by elpmas, Dec 1, 2009.

1. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Not sure where to put this thread...but I'm pretty sure this is the correct spot...Where should I buy an iPod Touch USB from? Are Ebay/Amazon's USBs reliable?

**any advice is welcomed.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Wow, your thread title gives all the fun away.

What do you mean by iPod Touch USB? The USB cable? iPods come with USB cables only since 2006 at least.

Do you look for used ones? It also depends on the country of your residence.

PS: USB is a bus, Universal Serial Bus, used to connect mostly peripherals to a computer, so searching for something simply called USB will get you lots and lots of stuff.

3. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Whatever you mean by "USB", amazon is reliable :p

4. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

haha. Sorry the title's a little upfront xD

well, i've been looking at amazon/ebay's USB and wall charger. My usb...is beginning to break on me, so i want to have one as back up just in case my current one goes out. i also want a wall charger because i'm tired of sticking my ipod touch into a usb then turn on my laptop to have it charge; it's just inconvenient lol. so, are amazon and ebay's "apple" usb&wall charger reliable enough that it wont damage my ipod touch's battery?

p.s.

I know the reviews says it's reliable, but some reviews makes me doubt the reliability of it.

5. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Most stuff that you get from Amazon will most likely not damage your iPods battery. Now I just don't like ebay because it's more of a hassle than anything.

If you want it certified by Apple, then you would just need to buy an Apple product.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No, it's not.

up-front or up·front (pfrnt) Informal
    adj.
    1. Straightforward; frank.
    2. Paid or due in advance: up-front cash.
    adv. also up front
    In advance; beforehand: demanded to be paid up front for the photographs

from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/up-front

An Apple USB charger "only" costs 29USD, so if you want to be on the safe side, the Apple one will certainly do its job.

I have one, and quite frankly, it doesn't do its job, because I just plug the iPod straight into my Mac. The cable is always there.

7. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

How is my title not upfront?

Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion > Usb.

Plain and simple. This is the buying, tips, advice & discussion section, I simply stated what I needed buying and advice on. Did you expect my title to be something along the lines of: "iPod Touch 3rd generation user I need to find a a usb plug because my current one is trashed."

All the questions you asked were irrelevant, especially if you knew that iPod Touches came with an Universal Serial Bus since 2006. All I needed was opinions regarding Universal Serial Bus from Amazon and Ebay instead of historical background and a vocabulary test.

Thanks MasterDev. I'm getting one soon enuff.

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

While one can have success on eBay, the results might be shaky. If you are looking for a safer alternative that is still dirt cheap, might I suggest MonoPrice.

I agree with spinnerlys your thread title is far from upfront. Perhaps a title like, "Looking for a cheap and reliable USB Cable/Wall Charger for my iPod Touch" I thought that you were going to ask about USB 3.0 or a hard drive when clicking on it.

9. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Upfront - straightforward, direct, frank.

Your title nor your post said anything about a USB charging device, all you mentioned was:

Usb
    Not sure where to put this thread...but I'm pretty sure this is the correct spot...Where should I buy an iPod Touch USB from? Are Ebay/Amazon's USBs reliable?

**any advice is welcomed.

Upfront would be having a thread title like: Looking for iPod USB charger for plugging it into my wall.

Or at least having a post with some information like: Looking for iPod USB charger for plugging it into my wall.

No offence, but you might have got the meaning of upfront wrong.

And no, I won't say, it doesn't matter. It matters at least a little bit. Communication is how we exchange information and thoughts and feelings. So if the sender omits information, feelings and/or thoughts, the receiver will not properly understand what the sender wants to convey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_sides_model

10. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

Lawl. Thanks for your link. I didn't think it was necessary to make such a long title. But I guess. Next time I'll make a detailed one.

11. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

Wow. This isn't even about me buying a flipping usb cord anymore lawl. This thread turned into a vocabulary lecture. I think I'm done with this thread lol.

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I mean I don't necessarily think that one would need that long of a title, but that would be upfront. "USB Wall Charger for iPod" would seem sufficient and then a tad bit more details in the first post. :)

13. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Not vocabulary, syntax and content.

It's like having a thread title "Apple" for looking for information on the record company.

I know this is the internet, but why does it have to be different and less thorough?

14. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

For less than that I got this, which will charge two USB devices and gives you a couple of extra outlets too. (And the plug rotates, so it will orient to up, down, left, right directions.)

15. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

I will go with amazon or the original apple charger...

16. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

17. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

Your profoundness in syntax and content seize to amaze me. :D