Where to buy your Mac.....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Snapple123, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Snapple123 macrumors newbie

Is there a big difference in buying your new Mac from a local Mac store vs. Online, (Apple.com) ??? The online store has a lot more printers to choose from -- that being said I wonder though if I want to build a relationship with my local Mac store, and the local Mac store will throw in the extended keyboard for free......

Thoughts? Many thanks.....

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Buy where you get what you want. Don't expect anyone to "throw an extended keyboard for free".

4. Snapple123 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Snapple123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been told on two different occasions, that the retail store will do so, because they do not want to open the prepackaged box, and remove the new bluetooth keyboard and replace it with an extended keyboard, so they give you a complete iMac kit, and give you an extended keyboard at no extra charge.........I will be visiting them over the next week or so, and will let you know what happens....

6. MCRunning macrumors 6502

No difference. Try Amazon no tax where I live :D

7. Snapple123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, they do! :)

My brother bought a new iMac at the Apple store yesterday, and yes, they did give him the extended keyboard for free. They do not want to break up the iMac package and are willing to do this......