Where to download iwork '06

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ktbubster, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

I'm looking for a place to download a trial version or iWork '06. I can't seem to find a link for a direct download anywhere. I would get iwork '08 but I'm getting this trial version for a g3 ibook and 08 isn't compatible.

Anyone know where I can get a trial download version or does anyone have a .dmg of the trial version from before that they could post or email me? I want to try it out to see how it works before I find a copy to buy.

Thanks!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

iWork 06 is not compatible with a G3 either, you will need 05 which I think was.

3. ktbubster thread starter macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

oh... the stats said a 500 mhz g3 running atleast 10.3.9 which i have. Therefor it would be compatible?

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

On my box, it says the requirements are a 500Mhz or faster G4. I think you were looking at the requirements for iWork 05 which was a 500Mhz G3.

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Neither iWork '05 or '06 were available as a downloadable trial. They were much larger than iWork '08. The difference is due to the way graphics are accessed by the templates. In iWork '05 & '06 the various graphics in the templates existed in each language version. Now, the templates share resources. Since there are about 15 different language versions of the templates, that’s a lot of space saved.

DVDs of the '05 trial were included with retail boxes of Tiger. The trial DVD of '06 was included with iLife '06. It's possible that later boxes of Tiger included the '06 trial.