iPhone Where to download JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Irock619, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

So what is the most reputable site to download the latest JB for iPhone 4s? I plan on doing this for the second time, however I forgot where I download the first JB I did years ago.

Also I have updated to 6.1 via iTunes. There is no reason to save the shsh blobs since I am already running 6.1 correct?

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

There is no jailbreak for the iPhone 4S for iOS 6. Yet. Will be here sometime in the next week. I'm sure you'll see 300 threads with instructions/downloads/etc.

3. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Since I am on 6.1 already I will be good to go correct? If Apple releases 6.1.1 before I am able to JB will I be screwed?

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

You might want to in case you need to restore to 6.1 again. If Apple releases 6.1.1 you won't be able to downgrade. However, I'm not sure if 4S can downgrade, or if thats being worked on. Still, better safe than sorry.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Yes, but save your blobs, you might need them if you need to re-rstore to 6.1 or downgrade after Apple brings out 6.1.x

6. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

I'm a little confused....so why would I need to downgrade to 6.1 if I am on 6.1 already? Does the JB require you to be on the latest software? When 6.1 JB is released why wouldn't I be able to JB if I'm on 6.1 already?

7. jwm2 macrumors regular

Its a good idea to have a backup because after they send out 6.1.x (which they will do once the jailbreak is released) you will no longer have access to 6.1, you will only be able to download 6.1.x (whatever the latest firmware version is). In the event you upgrade to 6.1.x and don't have a 6.1 backup you will not be able to downgrade back to 6.1 to rejailbreak. This is of course assuming there is a way to downgrade to 6.1 (that sw has not been released yet), but its just a failsafe in the event such software does get released.

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

If something goes wrong or you make the mistake of hitting erase all settings (can't be done on a JBen device) you'll need to restore your device, if 6.1.1 is out that will be your only option with no JB.

9. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Again.....I am already on 6.1, why would I need access to 6.1 if I am already running it?

Ok this makes sense. So If I make a mistake and loose my settings a restore will require me to update to 6.1.x, correct? All I have to do is NOT make a mistake while jailbreaking, to avoid restoring. My phone is not currently jailbroken by the way.

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Things can go wrong other than making mistakes while jailbreaking. If you don't have 6.1 blobs and Apple releases 6.1.1, you don't have a choice but to go to 6.1.1, period.

I had my iPhone 4 jailbroken on 4.1 from when it jailbreak for it was first released up until last October. I've only had to restore once in those years because a beta version of Activator permanently kicked my iPhone into Safe Mode. So even tweaks from Cydia can cause serious problems that may require a restore.

11. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Makes sense...thanks!