Where to download W7.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jephotog, Dec 4, 2014.

1. jephotog macrumors newbie

I am trying to install windows 7 onto parallel. I think I have a few copies of W7 and Pro DVDs sitting around. I am not sure they are not already in use or not. But since my 2014 MBPr does not have a disk reader I can't use them to test out the serial numbers.

How do I download Windows 7 and create a USB drive ISO to install from on my Mac?

2. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

You did not say which Windows 7 you need. Here is a webpage that you can download Windows Home Premium through Windows 7 Ultimate.

http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/

3. jephotog thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks,
    As I said I have disks of both and not sure if either is a good SN as I have a few DOA PC laptops that may or may not allow me to activate either of these disks. We'll see.

How do I create an ISO thumb drive from this once downloaded?

4. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

This should be of help to you.

http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm

5. jephotog thread starter macrumors newbie

Man that was so much easier than I was trying to make it. I downloaded a 14 day trial of parallels then downloaded the W7 ISO.

Parallels was sitting on my computer unused for a day or two, when I clicked next it found the ISO on my computer and then loaded it. No need to create a bootable thumb drive. So far the only problem in parallels is switching mentally from one OS to the other. I am more familiar with the Windows OS but am getting used to the two and 3 finger swipes that do not work while operating in parallel.