Where to download Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by notlob, Aug 10, 2009.

1. notlob macrumors newbie

I have searched these forums as well as have done a google search on the above topic. The website that looks to be best is obviously Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/download.aspx. I click on the download portion "Download 64-bit version" (also tried the 32-bit but to no avail) and it takes me to another website "Test drive Windows 7" where I log in to my windows live or hotmail and it takes me to the download page where a green dotted circle spinning clockwise starts up and just continues....with nothing happening...no download or loading etc. Is there perchance another place fto download Windows 7? TIA:confused:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It doesn't work in Safari you have to use FireFox.

3. notlob thread starter macrumors newbie

4. notlob thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup! I used Firefox to successfully download Windows 7. Thanks again Eldorian!:)

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

No problem. The ISO will burn just fine in Disk Utility.

6. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

And if for some reason you have trouble with Disk Utility there's a free app called Burn that'll work too.

7. notlob thread starter macrumors newbie

My apologies for my computer ignorance Eidorian but not sure what you mean about "The ISO will burn just fine in Disk Utility". Does this mean that I will need to burn the Win 7 program onto a DVD via Disk Utility (or Burn as Stridder 44 said) and then install it onto the MBP from there?

8. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

To install via Bootcamp, yes, you'll need a physical install disk...Fusion (and I think) Parallels can use the .iso file on your hard drive

9. notlob thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks fhall1 and eidorian! Much appreciated!:)

10. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

Not technically true, but the easiest to understand method.