Where to download WWDC keynote?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by colourfulclock, Jun 14, 2010.

1. colourfulclock macrumors member

colourfulclock

Hi,

I've looked at the podcasts in iTunes for the WWDC 2010 keynote - but the download is huge!

Is there anywhere I can download a lower-res version of the keynote in a smaller file size?

Thanks!

2. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

3. colourfulclock thread starter macrumors member

colourfulclock

@ThE.MeSsEnGeR: Thanks, but that link doesn't go anywhere?

@anim8or: Thanks, but if you read my question you would see that I tried that, and thats the problem.

4. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I think Apple only release the keynote in two ways, either to stream via Apple.com or on iTunes via the Podcasts keynote section.

The only thing I could suggest is going onto YouTube, where someone may have uploaded the podcast video in sections, and use a site like Pwntube to save the individual smaller video clips of the keynote as MP4 files.

That's the best way I can think of getting smaller, lower resolution video of the keynote, because Apple simply don't release the full thing to anyone else.

This guy has the keynote broken into 10 minute segments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBffb1HkfM

Go here: http://keepvid.com (you will need to accept the Java applet, and links to various versions will appear. I downloaded that 10 minute clip in MP4 format at 34mb).

Enter the URL of the YouTube video, and select to download as an MP4.

Repeat for all parts.

5. colourfulclock thread starter macrumors member

colourfulclock

@WeegieMac: Yeah, thats what I was thinking except I was hoping it would be in full somewhere. Some other video site perhaps which would allow the 2 hour video to be posted..

6. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

As much as a pain as it would be, you could download all the parts (they're around 35mb each at 10 minutes long), import them into iMovie and then export the entire project as one file, which would also allow you to choose a smaller output resolution as required, thus bringing the overall size down further.

7. colourfulclock thread starter macrumors member

colourfulclock

@WeegieMac: Thanks for the links! The thing is, theres 12 parts to that, and at 34mb each, that ends up being more than the iTunes download! :D

8. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

The iTunes one is 1.27GB, I just had a look to be sure.

12 parts at 34mb = 408mb.

Put it into iMovie, export it as a single file at smaller resolution, could work out even smaller (if you're a Mac user).

9. colourfulclock thread starter macrumors member

colourfulclock

Sorry! I got confused with another podcast I was looking at that was 397MB :D

Thanks very much! I'll go with that method :)

10. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

No worries.

Just make sure you go with the KeepVid link I edited in place of the deturl one ... KeepVid is far better and offers more file save options for the links you enter.