Where to Exchange a New iPod Shuffle for a Different Color Without a Receipt?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MICHAELSD, Jan 31, 2011.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I won an iPod Shuffle through a penny auction, and despite that it was supposed to be a black third-generation, I got sent a blue current-generation (I wouldn't complain about the upgrade). However I'm not a big fan of the blue color, though the finish is really nice. Which stores would likely let me exchange this blue iPod Shuffle for a silver iPod Shuffle without a receipt? Its really not a big deal for a store to exchange colors since they all have the exact same value. I wanted to try Best Buy, but I don't think they would do the exchange due to their fairly strict item scans. Ideas?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Target will accept a refund/exchange without a receipt up-to 3 times (in a life time), but you need a valid state issued ID and the UPC must be the same that is in their inventory system.

I have done this once before, but it was with a polo shirt that I had misplaced the receipt (I also paid cash) and the value was not greater than $20, so I am not saying that this is guaranteed to work, and they do have the right to refuse the refund for any reason.

Your better selling off selling the iPod on Craigslist, then take that money and go buy a new one (and this time you'll have a receipt).

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

The lady at Best Buy didn't understand I wanted to exchange my iPod for another color, and instead got me a store credit. I figured I didn't need a Shuffle after I got the credit since I have an iPhone 4, so I just kept the $50 :D.