Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
The 1.02 update is not going to well for me.

Does anyone know how i can revert back to the 1.01 update or where/how to download and do this?

Canuck4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
I dont know if anyone saved it somewhere and can upload it for ya.
Did you try a restore and then reinstall the latest update?
Its supposed to fix things not make it worst :)

mdzwolf

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2005
I have the same issue. Since installing 1.0.2 my iPod funtionality crashes constantly when suing safari. It doesn't matter if I am on Wifi or Edge. Before with the 1.0.1 I didn't have this issue and it is really driving me crazy.

kennyboy3

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2007
My iPhone functioned perfectly before 1.0.2

Now the battery meter is all over the place.

Placing the iPhone in the dock causes the battery meter to just magically jump 20-30%, sometimes up, sometimes down, usually up.

Turning the phone off and back on in the dock fixes it back to where it should be.

If I don't fix it manually like that, then I think it may be possible that the battery is not really receiving a full charge if the battery meter thinks it has 20-30% more charge than it really does and stops the charging when the incorrect battery meter reads full. You could end up with a battery that appeared to be fully charged like this and then runs down quicker because it really wasn't fully charged to begin with.

Likewise, if the meter starts off 20%-30% less, the battery appears to NEVER reach a full charge, even after 12 hours because even though the battery is, hopefully, as full as it will get, the incorrect battery meter is still lagging behind by 20% or so. This has happened since 1.0.2 as well. I just hope that's not dangerous for the battery.

I'm just curious as to whether the software actually controls any of the battery charging or not, or is it just a display? Whatever it is, mine worked perfectly before 1.0.2 and now it does not.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
yeah im on my 5th restore. I need to get back to the old update. 1.02 blows... At least for me it does

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.