Where to find 4GB's?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SSpiro, May 29, 2008.

1. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

I just want a simple 4GB iPhone.. but can't find one anywhere for under $300..

Any ideas besides AT&T refurbs? eBay every now and then has deals, but nothing exciting.

2. BrittQ macrumors regular

3. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

The 4GB isn't really worth it anymore. I got mine in September when the price dropped but I'm selling it soon because with the SDK and all, there's going to be a tightrope to walk memory-wise.

If you really want a 4GB, it's going to have to obviously be used at this point, but if you want to have a decent amount of music with a bunch of 3rd parts applications, maybe an 8GB would be better.

4. neven macrumors 6502a

I'm sure the buyer and the seller above really appreciate your opinion on what they really need. I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote you to thank you for this education.

My wife has been enjoying her 4 GB iPhone and she has no intention of upgrading soon.

5. wideholic macrumors newbie

wideholic

Do Not Buy !

4GB is really kind of old tech now.. I mean in few weeks there's going to

be new version of iPhone with higher capacity and lower or same price.

At that point 4gb version will be like...Junk !

Just think again..:D

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

And you know this how?

7. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

Why is 4GB junk?

I wouldn't use my phone as an ipod.. so besides contacts, calendar, and some pictures, why would i need any more memory?

8. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

you wouldn't, just answer his question if you know, I'm sure he know how much space he needs.

9. wideholic macrumors newbie

wideholic

?

Skimming through mac forums for few months and I knew it.

Don't you ?

10. wideholic macrumors newbie

wideholic

I was just giving some advice..Geez...

11. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Skimming through pages and pages of rumors doesn't get you to the truth, merely a juxtaposition of the truth.

The truth shall be revealed, though...

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

You don't know anything, unless you are by chance on or rank above the design team for the iPhone. Even if that were to be the case, you'd be fired for posting on this board.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If that's all you're doing, why do you even need an iPhone? It's an extra $20 for the data plan, so that sounds like $20 down the drain.

14. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

The data plan doesn't require space. He's talking about using the 4GB for contacts, calendar and pictures.

You don't need extra 4-12 GB to use the internet.

15. wideholic macrumors newbie

wideholic

Yeah right

This is 'Macrumors' and rumors often hit the truth. You know nothing like me

so stop messing with me.

16. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

ok first of all rumors are not often right, so if you think that, maybe you should stop posting on this forum and confusing people. Because of the amount of sources who've confirmed the 3g iphone, we're 99% sure it's coming at wwdc, but saying the storage capasity will increase is just speculation.

If you really believe everything you see on the internet, you should probably not use it.

17. wideholic macrumors newbie

wideholic

Didn't mentions i believe everything i see on internet. Did I?

No. Stop making funny story try to prove yourself buddy^^

18. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I haven't heard any rumors about Apple buying 32GB chips. I guess the redesign could put two 16GB in there, but aside from the people "wishing" and hoping for more memory there hasn't been any rumors of Memory orders or anything.

You're just going on the few on the board saying "I won't buy one until they are 32GB," "I hope the it's 32GB."

I don't know where the OP can fine a decent priced 4GB, but AT&T often has 8GB refurbs for $250 - which would be cheaper than any 4GB you might find.

19. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Alright well I've had my 4GB since September and have loved every second of owning it, don't get me wrong. But with the new update and the third party applications, the memory will run short and I'm going to have to probably cut some music from it. That's my only point, Apple has more to offer iPhone owners now and it seems like there is a reason they discontinued the 4GB

But I'm sure the OP appreciates your useless post criticizing me more than mine that could have actually helped him/her.

20. D'evilEyes macrumors newbie

he never asked for your advice...Geez...

21. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I'll sell you my 4GB iPhone for $200 with all it's accessories. Perfect condition.

22. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

:confused:

How is 2.0 software and some third party apps going to take up all 4 Gig?

I have about 10 extra apps on mine right now and still have most of the 4 Gigs left....

OP - there should be plenty in the used market when the new iPhones come out.

23. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Well with most of the memory being used for music (oh right, there is an iPod in there), I've already had my memory run low several times while using Installer.

I'm not taking blind hacks in the dark here with what I'm saying. I have a 4GB and I'm explaining exactly what COULD happen, trying to help someone avoid some possible headaches if/when they cannot have all the things they want to have with their iPhone.

Everyone needs to kind of take it easy on these forums, people ask advice, you tell them what you think and get ripped for it. Find something else to do.

24. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Actually, the iPhone has 2 partitions- one, about 120MB, for the OS and the apps you install via Installer.app. The other one is much larger and is for music, videos and everything else. So the amt. of music you have will NOT affect the main partition.

To the OP: 4GB is fine, and you will be able to pick one up for under $300, but take a look at refurbs again. AT&T sells 8GB's for around $250, why not get one of those? The 4GB's you'll get will be used anyways...

25. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Let's all hope this 120MB partition isn't reserved for the 3rd party applications coming soon. The apps have to use the majority storage for music, videos, etc, no?