iPad Where to find a how to upgrade to 4.x

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sfphoto, Mar 28, 2012.

1. sfphoto macrumors regular

Searched the guides here with no luck. Can some one point me to a tutorial for upgrading?

Have an original iPad w/ iOS 3.2 - would like 4.x, perhaps jailbreak too.

Found for iPhone - download desired IPSW, place in iPhone Software Updates folder then DFU and OPT (Mac) click on restore button.

Same for iPad?

Thanks!

2. BlueRaider macrumors regular

The only way your getting to iOS 4.X on your iPad is if it was jailbroken on 3.2 and Cydia saved your SHSH blobs for you OR you backed up your blobs with tiny umbrella. Without one of those two methods of caching SHSH blobs your stuck upgrading to ios 5.1.

If you have your blobs saved them go to jailbreakqa.com for instructions on how to upgrade.

3. sfphoto thread starter macrumors regular

No blobs here so looks like the only way (for me at least) to have iOS 4.x is to find a used machine for sale running it.

I noticed reference to jailbreakme dot com that mentioned nothing about blobs. Guess they just look for blobs in the background after you hit the start button and in my case would bring back a 'not found' message like Tiny Umbrella did?

4. BlueRaider macrumors regular

jailbreakme is a type of jailbreak and doesn't have anything to do with upgrading or downgrading firmware versions. If you don't have SHSH Blobs saved for any iOS 4.X firmware version then you're never going to be able to put your device onto iOS 4.X, period. There is no way around this and likely never will be in the future. Just buy a used iPad 1 that someone jailbroke in the past that has blobs saved for all the firmwares.