where to find a real iPhone car kit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by evilworld, Dec 10, 2007.

1. evilworld macrumors newbie

I been looking for real iPhone car kit that will allow me to use the full functionality of the iPhone. Below is a list of things I would like to see in a car kit. Does anybod know if something like this exist or even close?

• Ability to charge iPhone via Cigarette lighter
    • Play audio music from iPhone dock connector to Aux. input from factory radio
    o Using FM modulator
    • Ability to answer/make calls from iPhone
    o Incoming audio should be through car radio system
    o Outgoing audio via integrated microphone on car kit device
     Optional hardwired microphone available to mount in car near driver
     Optional Bluetooth adapter
    • Dock able mounting cradle
    • Cradle capable to rotate 90 degrees from vertical to horizontal mount.
    • Able to play videos from iPhone to cars audio system
    o Videos can be played from YouTube
    o Videos can be played from iPod

Thanks,
    EW

2. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

Wow thats a lot to ask from one device. What would be more simple, would be to have two things.
    1. The mount with swivel.
    2. Blutooth connector to connect to a blutooth car stereo

I think i've seen the swivel, I'll poke around for a site...

3. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

Any of the car stands i've seen look like they'd just drop and iPhone or iPod touch.

Theres this one for in your house that looks really nice http://thoughtout.biz/PED3
    But it wouldn't work to well in a car.

Does the iPhone already have build in bluetooth though?
    I never really looked into that.

4. ben5959 macrumors regular

I have a 06 F150 that has an aux button on the radio, but no line out, here was my solution, I combined many different componants to give me exactly what I wanted;

An Aux converter from PIE
    A universal dock with remote
    Belkin Y adapter cable for iphone
    A Basic Ipod Car charger

I mounted the aux converter to my stereo and connected the Belkin cables to it as well, then I mounted the dock on my center console and there you have it, I have a holder for my iphone, ipod function controlled by remote (tactile feedback is great for driving), If i want to have crystal clear audio, i connect the belkin adapter to my headphone jack (this also shoots the phone audio through my truck speakers perfectly). If i dont want better audio and i'd rather have a sleaker look to the set up, then I plug the Belkin adapter to the line out jack in the universal dock.(this of course does not bring the phone calls through the car speakers. Either way i connect, the set up looks very good. Also if i want to charge the phone, i just plug the Iphone Charger into the back of the universal dock and connect it to the cig lighter.

This is the best integration that I could find without investing in a bluetooth that syncs with the stereo system, and i get a fun remote too!!!!!! hope this helps

5. ben5959 macrumors regular

I have a 06 F150 that has an aux button on the radio, but no line out, here was my solution, I combined many different componants to give me exactly what I wanted;

An Aux converter from PIE
    A universal dock with remote
    Belkin Y adapter cable for iphone
    A Basic Ipod Car charger

I mounted the aux converter to my stereo and connected the Belkin cables to it as well, then I mounted the dock on my center console and there you have it, I have a holder for my iphone, ipod function controlled by remote (tactile feedback is great for driving), If i want to have crystal clear audio, i connect the belkin adapter to my headphone jack (this also shoots the phone audio through my truck speakers perfectly). If i dont want better audio and i'd rather have a sleaker look to the set up, then I plug the Belkin adapter to the line out jack in the universal dock.(this of course does not bring the phone calls through the car speakers. Either way i connect, the set up looks very good. Also if i want to charge the phone, i just plug the Iphone Charger into the back of the universal dock and connect it to the cig lighter.

This is the best integration that I could find without investing in a bluetooth that syncs with the stereo system, and i get a fun remote too!!!!!! hope this helps

6. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Pictures please, if possible.

7. mobileinstall macrumors newbie

Have a look here

http://www.mobileinstall.co.uk/iphone.html

Sadly, I'm in the UK so I can't fit one for you. All of this kit is available in the states though so it may give you some ideas.

My favorite kit at the moment for the iPhone is the MKi9000 with a brodit cradle which takes the dock connector from the kit that way you can have handsfree, music and Tom Tom Nav all at the same time :cool:

8. jt2ga65 macrumors regular

This works with the 3G and 3GS? No problems with charging?

-jt2

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Search Amazon for Satechi Bluetooth. You'll get a small box that fits into your cig. lighter. iPhone works through it via bluetooth for music and calls. It has a usb port that can be used to charge the iphone with no error messages. It also has an aux input for non-bluetooth devices like an ipod. It works great! I am loving mine.

10. Zion21 macrumors newbie

Definitly go with amazon. Ebay and many other stores are just knock offs. You get what you pay for really.[​IMG]

11. rball1979 macrumors regular

Most of the Parrot devices will do most of that. I have one and it's awesome

12. emrah.gokmen macrumors newbie

Stereo system

You can do it all and more by changing your stereo tape with an iphone compatible product (sony MEX-BT3700U or Pioneer DEH-P610BT etc.)
    Almost all of the famous car stereo producer have those models in competition (Alpine Kenwood etc.)

They have direct connection over standart dock conector to usb cable

They also have support for streaming audio and all the bluetooth protocols on iPhone.

You don't even have to use the power plug of your car to charge your iphone because those tapes have charging capability over the same usb cable.

They have optional mini-microphone acccessories to put anywhere in your car

Some of them also have optional steering wheel remote controls (both wired and wireless)

I think this is the most efficient solution because all of the other methods need 2-3 expensive products or too many cables spreaded all around the dash and even over the seats.

I hope it'll help:cool:

13. mobileinstall macrumors newbie

Yes both the 3G and 3Gs work and charge ok. Parrot have just released new drivers for the kit to compliment Apple 3.0 OS also brodit have just released a new cradle that will fit the Dock connector that comes with the MKi kit.

I've updated my page now with what I think is the ultimate iPhone kit which would be the Parrot Mki9000 with a brodit holder on the dash and a Parrot UNIKA steering wheel interface.

That way you can have voice activated handsfree, music and NAV all from your iPhone.

www.mobileinstall.co.uk/iphone.html

14. mobileinstall macrumors newbie

THB Bury Music

There's a new kit out now and its brilliant. I've just put the first one in a customers car today and I was so impressed I will be fitting one in my own car as soon as I get 5 minutes.

It connects to 2 phones at once AND an iPod or iPhone

[​IMG]

Its based on this kit here but has a built in amplifier (a decent one unlike the Parrot) and the Cable to dock your ipod

I've not got a proper webpage up yet but have a look here for more info

http://mobileinstall.blogspot.com/

15. mobileinstall macrumors newbie

Ultimate iPhone car kit

Just put up a video demonstrating the Parrot MKi9000 kit with the cradle from Brodit

Here is the page with the video on it

I've done the one with the THB BURY music on it but I've not put it up yet. I'll post the link as soon as I've done it

16. ycarlink macrumors newbie

I found an iPhone 4G car kit adatper(Plug&play)

I been looking for real iPhone car kit that will allow me to use the full functionality of the iPhone. Below is a list of things I would like to see in a car kit. Does anybody know if something like this exist or even close?

Charges iPod/iPhone
    Works with iPhone/ipod
    Last position memory
    Support Apple multi-playlist Virtual cd
    Incoming call ring from the radio speaker
    Line Level Audio
    Integrated Controls
    Allows you to control music from your iPod/iphone, or radio and steering wheel controls.
    iPod-like Browsing
    Browse through all the available content as you would on your iPod.
    Text Display (require your stereo supports text)
    Displays the song title, album and artist name right on the screen of your radio

I found an IPhone 4G car kit adapter on this Link:IPhone 4G car kit adapter
    Can anybody tell me if this item really has the above functions?

Thanks,
    Frank.CH

17. riceinwa macrumors newbie

Wow! You don't ask much...I bought a Jabbra Cruiser. I have it in a 1999 Mercedes SL500 roadster...i.e., no aux input to Bose stereo. The Cruiser connects to my iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4; it broadcasts to one of 10 FM preselects on the Cruiser and you can "dial it in" to any FM frequency; it lets me connect my iPhone (iPod feature) to my stereo where I can listen via the car's stereo; if a call comes in, it pauses the music or podcast, connects to the call, announces the incoming number, answer by touching the front large button, speak into two built-in microphones that deliver really good quality sound (according to those I've spoken with on it), and when you hang up by touching the same large button, the music or podcast starts where it paused.

The Cruiser solved a lot of problems for me. I charge it once per month either from the cigarette lighter charger that came with it or in the house. Sound quality is great...convenience is great! AT&T and Best Buy $100; Amazon ~$70.