where to find AirPlay hardware?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by carleton, Mar 8, 2011.

1. carleton macrumors member

I have an AirPort Express hooked to one stereo, I am looking for another less expensive option for another stereo. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a solution?

2. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Been waiting for the iHome W1 for like 4 months and its still no released. Though I believe it to be priced at $299. Other than that there is not much out yet to support Airplay.

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

wait 6 months, most stuff was announced at CES in early january, and the first few devices are starting to hit the market. By Christmas this year, you should have a decent choice.

although you're going to be hard pressed to find anything under $99 :)apple:TV2 or airport express). except an airport express on eBay.
    most of the amplifiers and stand alone speakers released have been in the premium price range.

although pioneer just announced an amplifier for $549, which looks like it's going to be a good base model.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I also doubt u will find anything cheaper than the express.

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

My thoughts there as well... guessing that the "Airplay" label is going to cost the manufacturers... :(

6. Omne666 macrumors 6502a

I've bought 4 of the suckers on eBay...all been fine. I have also ordered motorbike amplifiers for like 20$ a couple of times.....the Bose and Yamaha external speakers I have set up in the patio and pool area sound fantastic.
    In garages I just hook up some PC speakers and they do nicely.

Bonus...the AExpress allow me to use the iPad as a remote throughout the place, extending the network to cover the entire property.