Where to find cheap RAM for MacBook?

Storrow

macrumors regular
May 25, 2006
G.Skill

i just installed 2 of these from Newegg in my macbook. You have to push pretty hard to get the RAM in there, but its very easy to install. This is the cheapest RAM I could find yet it seems to be just as good as crucial and others. Don't hate on g.skill, its been working great for me.

mdickson

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2006
Baton Rouge, La.
Storrow said:
i just installed 2 of these from Newegg in my macbook. You have to push pretty hard to get the RAM in there, but its very easy to install. This is the cheapest RAM I could find yet it seems to be just as good as crucial and others. Don't hate on g.skill, its been working great for me.

That's what I got, except you got 5400 and I purchased 5300.

Antimatter

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
Other World Computing. www.macsales.com

4g Upgrade for only $99. I've used these guys for every upgrade I have ever made on one of my Macs and they never let me down.
Does that site have those little wrist band things that control the static electricity? I can find any on their site. Or are they even necessary?

iPhone3GRocks

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
4Gb For $99.99!!!

Never buy ram from Apple. I love Apple and think they are the greatest but their ram is expensive. 4Gb of ram for a MacBook on Apple.com is about $400. If you go to crucialmemory.com you can get 4Gb of ram for a MacBook for $99.99!!!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Never buy ram from Apple. I love Apple and think they are the greatest but their ram is expensive. 4Gb of ram for a MacBook on Apple.com is about $400. If you go to crucialmemory.com you can get 4Gb of ram for a MacBook for $99.99!!!
Thanks we know.

Nice bump.