Where to find Custom SMS Tones?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by h1r0ll3r, Aug 16, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Does anyone know where I can get some custom SMS tones to SSH into my phone? I was mainly looking for some Family Guy quotes/one liners to use for my SMS but can't seem to find any. Ideally, I'd like a good, clear sound file of Quagmire's "Giggity". Anyone know of any places I can find this? I'm not well versed in any sound editing programs or anything so I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Thanks.

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I use Anyring which lets you use parts of songs in your iTunes library as SMS tones...

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

4. powerslave666 macrumors newbie

sms?

Is it possible to get custome sms ringtones on the iphone 4 without jailbreaking it ? all I want is the stupid power rangers ring tone, yes cause Im cool like that.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I refuse to help you to use a power range tone...:D:D:D

Just kidding, sorry but without jailbreaking there is not way to get custom SMS, email or any notification tones, only one support it by the stock OS is incoming calls ringtones.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can add ringtones (not sms message tones) via iTunes and send them to the phone. You do not have to be jailbroken.

SMS tones (.caf files) are completely different, they are not ringtones (.m4r files).

Edited: Sorry for the confusion with my too short response.

7. LiveFreeDie macrumors regular

You wouldn't be talking about the "Communicator" sound when Zordon calls would you? ahaha

Cause thats what I have.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

He asked for SMS ringtones, you can't do that with iTunes.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

unlimtones (jb-cydia)

If you are jb you can go to cydia and download the app 'unlimtones' which uses the page audiko.net to search for the ringtone or sms you want and once you have the one you want the app puts the ringtone or sms directly without any work from you besides picking the sound