Where to find Customize app for itouch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iStewbert, Jul 26, 2008.

1. iStewbert macrumors newbie

I am trying my best to search the forum for this answer. I want to load customize onto my 2.0 Itouch, which I have jailbroken.

From what I gather trying to research this...You need the installer app to obtain the customize app, but installer is only for the 1.1.4 software? Is this correct?

Is there another way to obtain customize, or will I have to be patient? I'm probably way off on this, but any guidance would be great. Thanks for your help, sorry for being a no0b.

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Simple patience. The developer has to play with the 2.0 directory.

3. iStewbert thread starter macrumors newbie

So I will be able to access a customize application through cydia eventually, or will it be another application, like installer? Thanks for your quick reply :)

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

didn't know they were jailbreakint the itouch its not the best lookin thing.....

[​IMG]

5. theperson macrumors member

It's iPod touch. iTouch is not the correct name.

And no, Customize isn't available for 2.0.

6. iStewbert thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank God there are people that will quickly clarify cardinal iSins, (ipod sins...) without coming across as dry and iSnobbish (ipod snobbish...).

Thanks for the only relevant answer to my question so far, ntrigue.

7. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Are you both 12 or something?

I ask because I can't understand why the iTouch thing annoys people. You still know what it is!

Secondly, I can't believe you're going to the extent of finding the picture of another product named the iTouch in order to criticise others.

Sounds like you've got Too-much-time-on-your-hands syndrome. :rolleyes:

8. iStewbert thread starter macrumors newbie

agreed, thanks ubuntu. I do have my answer though, it is only a matter of time before installer 4 shows up or cydia comes out w/ something. It's hard being a no0b sometimes...

Im ready to customize though! :cool:

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if it gets the point across, its not like apple have released a product called itouch, do you go round saying inano?

10. tecknical macrumors regular

the RiP dev team said they are working on Installer 4 (the installer in the olden days of JB'ing) and it will probably be released next week if nothing else comes up. Also, devs have to work on their apps and make them compatible with 2.0 which apparently completely changed the way apps work on the iPod and iPhone

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

"the installer in the olden days of JB'ing"? the olden days? lol jailbreaking is still in its prime, installer is still used just they are working on a brand new version for 2.0 (which I guess involved a from scratch build).

as for customize there has been a 2.0 compatible version released, this makes no sense because it doesn't work. I tried it this morning and kept getting files not available offline to look at themes and to download themes, couldn't even change the system strings to how I like so yes finally a 2.0 customize is out but it does absolutely nothing more than load up.

12. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Ahem... excuse me. They're my sons and they're 13 already. 13 YOU HEAR ME ?!!!

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

tell him mum :D

14. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

No, I never disputed the fact that the iPod nano is called the iPod nano, nor that the iPod touch is called the iPod touch. It just seems incredibly anal, so pedantic to go out of your way to criticise someone for something so mundane, so trivial. You still knew what he was talking about - the name did it's job. If you had a problem understanding what he meant, I could tolerate your behaviour somewhat. But you're actually going around, correcting people about something that doesn't matter. You sound like a kid, it just sounds so childish.

I don't care if it gets the point across - that isn't my point. I just don't understand why you're trying to get the point across.

I mean, if you people paid this much attention to Darfur, or the war in Iraq/Afghanistan, or to general poverty, we'd all be saved.

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No, but people call it "the Nano" all the time, and I haven't seen people correcting them saying the proper name is "iPod Nano."

I think the reason people shorten it to "iTouch" rather than to "Touch" is because "touch" is such a common word, and can also be a verb, so they instinctively keep the "i" to avoid confusion.

But really, if you are going to be anal about people using the proper names for the iPods, then please be consistent about it, and call the other iPods by their proper names too. iPod Mini, iPod Nano, iPod Classic...

16. AtrBirkett macrumors newbie

AtrBirkett

and its two syllables, for instance,

iPod - 2
    iTouch - 2
    Nano - 2
    Macbook - 2
    iMac - 2

simplicity?

and ok for Pro family I have to admit they do not follow the smae patten, however I would say that suits the product really.

So I think that could be another one of the points againced calling it iPod Touch.

just a thought

17. AtrBirkett macrumors newbie

AtrBirkett

and its two syllables, for instance,

iPod - 2
    iTouch - 2
    Nano - 2
    Macbook - 2
    iMac - 2

simplicity?

and ok for Pro family I have to admit they do not follow the smae patten, however I would say that suits the product really.

So I think that could be another one of the points againced calling it iPod Touch.

just a thought