Where to find deals on 2015 MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TitusVorenus, Oct 16, 2018.

1. TitusVorenus macrumors member

I am not going to be able to deal with the keyboard on the 2018 MBP. It looks like people are already having failures, and this is the kind of thing that will drive me nuts, thinking about being uber gentle and keeping other people away who aren't wearing latex gloves or just washed their hands... That said, my 2013 MBA is getting a little short on memory and RAM and I need another machine. I'm thinking to upgrade to a 2015 MBP based on this article:

https://medium.com/@Pier/why-i-bought-a-2015-macbook-pro-fadf27ab4b

Anyone have advice on where to get a new or Apple refurb one? I have been watching Apple's site for refurbs and they are not coming up anymore.

It really, really sucks that Apple is so stuck on their thinner marketing campaign that they cannot see this stupid new keyboard design is alienating users. I've got 5 and 7 years respectively on my last 2 macbooks worry free. I really, really like some of the updates in 2018, but not at the expense of reliability.

2. farkleboy macrumors newbie

i got mine slightly used on amazon for a decent price. It is the perfect machine, i think. no gimicky touch bars, the force touch trackpad is the first and only trackpad I dont want to pry out and run over with a train. I normally bring my MX Master mouse with me everywhere, but I don't even bother anymore. The keyboard is just the right combo between thin and responsive. I did not like it at first, but I'm used to it now. Just a good al around machine. Now I just need to find a new screen for it, as I dropped the backpack it was in and hit the corner rather hard and the left 2" of the screen is black. replacements are still $400+. has TB., USB3, HDMI, SD slot, and magsafe. I'll be keeping this one for a while.

There are a couple good ones on here with the larger SSD 512 for just over $1000

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...0?ie=UTF8&condition=all&qid=1539716997&sr=8-4