Where to find HD Icons?

vince24L

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Is there a thread somewhere else, if not here, like modmyi. That has a bunch of HD icons. I'd like to SSH and change the icons that havent been updated since 4 came out.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Yes thanks for posting the retina sbsettings theme been looking all over macthemes since yesterday. Are there any others?

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
Thanks so much for posting this! The old default SBSettings theme was driving my eyes crazy.
I like that theme too but unfortunately it barely has any toggles built in. A bunch of mine are just blank and it looks worse, IMO, than the "Serious SBSettings" theme I was using previously, which had ALL of them.

johnfranco

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but how do I get the .zip file from my hardrive onto my iphone?? Thanks very much

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
...disregard what i had here...

Do this 1st to change pass so people cant hack your phone with the defualt pass:
What I did on Windows to change my root and mobile password.

1) In Cydia, install OpenSSH. Respring phone.
2) Google for PuTTY and install onto your computer.
3) Startup PuTTY. On main page, type in your IP address. Make sure "SSH" is dotted then click "Open."
4) If this is your first time, a window will appear saying something about saving authentication key. Just click on yes.
5) When you get to the screen that says "Login as:" type in: Root. Password: alpine.
6) Now, it should say your iphone name. Type in: passwd. Enter new password and repeat. Once done, just exit PuTTY.
7) Repeat step #3. This time "Login as:" Type: mobile. Follow rest of instructions.
8) If you don't want OpenSSH, go back into Cydia and remove it. Respring the phone.
Then install WinSCP. Login with your username as root and password as whatever you just set.

navigate to :
User/Library/SBSettings/Themes

drop it in, unzipped

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
explained ebfore but yeah ill make a google talk account really quick.
Edit: f google talk. too tired. PM me if you have any questions.

johnfranco

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
now i'm stuck... i changed the passwords. then deleted openssh from cydia. then decided to attempt to unpack the zip file so reinstalled openssh, but now i can't connect via the pc. it just keeps saying "fatal error: network connection timed out" i've tried multiple times, unfortunately i'm a novice and shouldn't even be screwing around with this i think.

am i in trouble?

JordanZimm

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
@John
he said to erase OpenSSH if you didn't want it, but you need it to access your device

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
it's not a wallpaper. it's what happened when i applied the theme =\

and yes its an ip4

johnfranco

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
...disregard what i had here...

Do this 1st to change pass so people cant hack your phone with the defualt pass:

Then install WinSCP. Login with your username as root and password as whatever you just set.

navigate to :
User/Library/SBSettings/Themes

drop it in, unzipped
Got it!! And it only took 2 hrs.

Even old dogs can learn new tricks, apparently.

Thanks x 1,000,0000

PlanetRed

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
ummmm i installed the iphone 4 theme and this is what happened

you have to ssh each icon onto your phone replacing the stock icon with the one you want. seems that winterboard has a bug. as you can see from the photo below i changed the camera, map, and clock icons.