Where to find IP Address USB wireless adaptor

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Nealapp, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Nealapp macrumors newbie

Need a suggestion- can you help me? When both computers Beige G4 (os 9,2,2) and an eMac (os x Tiger) are connected to the internet with wire cables, there's no problem. I can hook up to the eMac from my Beige G4 (os 9.2.2)using Chooser/Appletalk/and inputing the IP address of the eMac (from Network preferences); which lets me connect.

When I'm hooked up to Internet- wireless with Afterthemac n300 usb internet adaptor on eMac, my problem is that I need to have an IP Address of the wireless computer (eMac 750mhz) so that I can connect to it with a G4 Beige Mac os 9.2.2) which I can't find. I get the following in the Network preferences: Configure IPv4: Using DHCP (drop menu); IP Address 192.168.2.11; Subnet Mask 225.225.225.0; Router 192.168.2.1 The optional boxes for DNS Servers and Search Domains are EMPTY.

These numbers were suggested by the Internet provider, which I entered in anticipation and before I received the n300. The router which I rent from the service provider is a SIEMENS GIGASET567.

So- is there a way that I can change the numbers from above so that I can connect both computers. I tried the IP 192.168.2.11 but eventually a message comes back telling me it can't find the server. Another reason might be if I would want to hook up to the eMac from another office to get information on that particular computer. Hoping you might have a solution-

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Your post is confusing. From what I can tell you are trying to find the IP address of one computer or are you trying to find the DNS server of your ISP?

Well that IP address you have is from your router: the 192.168.xxx.xxx; if you want to connect to it from another computer on the network, that's the IP. To find the DNS address of your ISP, you should log on to your router than go to the the 'Status' page.