Where to find .ispw on PC

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jimmy83, Jun 26, 2009.

1. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Currently runnign 3.0 stock and my battery life is great but wanna JB now, following this guide http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4301

I think that maybe my firmware that I downloaded 3.0 in iTunes may for whatever reason improved my battery life so I want to use that .ispw when I JB-is that possiable? Will also save me the bother of download another 250MB!

Anyone know where it is located on a PC?

2. xpsm1730 macrumors regular

there are 2 links there

1. for redsnow
    2. for the ispw

you download both and put them in a folder and when you run redsnow click browse and choose the .ispw you downloaded

3. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

If you downloaded the original from iTunes it will be here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

4. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

The ipsw that is sitting in your itunes folder on your PC, is that file in anyway modified with your personal data, or can i always turn to that file as a 'stock boiler plate' ?

I ask because i want to set up a 3g to sell privately.

5. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

I find it odd that http://www.iclarified dont mention backing up before your start your JB procedure

6. Akachris1 macrumors newbie

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I used that exact link (the iclarified) yesterday and it worked perfectly! No problems at all :D I had to use the PC version because I was at work (I work really hard as you can tell :rolleyes: :D) Anyway, I know that's OT, but I just wanted to reassure you it's a good guide :)