Where to find Marware Protection Pack for 2008 MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sprtnbsblplya, Mar 21, 2010.

1. sprtnbsblplya macrumors regular

Anyone know of a source that still has the Marware Protection Pack for the 2008 silver Macbook Pro?
    The one I currently have on my Macbook is looking a little worn down and I would like to replace it. All the online stores have it listed as out of stock and Amazon, eBay, etc don't have any listings for it either.
    Has anyone seen the pack for sale somewhere obscure?

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Try Dr. Bott. They had them in the seven cent deal bin awhile ago.

3. sprtnbsblplya thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked and they only have them in for the 17" older MBP.

Any other thoughts?

4. DFTU101 macrumors member

You could just buy a protection pack from Marware or Powersupport (have used both-both work well) for either the older 17 inch MBP or the newer unibody 15 or 17 in MBP and cut the wrist pad to the dimensions you want with scissors. You really just need a rectangle for both the left and right side and not the connecting strands in the middle. I believe the the unibody 15 inch has a slightly smaller wrist area (but larger track pad) than the older 15 inch so you may wish to buy the 17 inch protection pack if you want to completely cover the area. I have done this in the past without problems.