Where to find NORMAL ringtones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by STEVESKI07, Jun 30, 2009.

1. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Does anybody know where to find any normal ringtones to put on the phone? The Marimba one on the iPhone isn't bad but it isn't loud enough to wake me up in the night over my snoring, haha. I also don't want a cat meowing or a dog barking or Lil Wayne rapping. I want a noise of a phone ringing and all the free apps I downloaded don't have anything decent. I'm not going to pay for an app to make my phone sound like a phone either. Does anybody know of any websites with free NORMAL downloadable ringtones?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can just make your own using itunes and any music that you already have.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I LOVE www.myxer.com
    I suggest it highly, and it actually works.
    Yes, you can find some crazy silly stuff, but you can also find sound bytes and stuff too. You just have to search the right tag.

And its free.

Here are some of the ringtones I have on my iPhone from Myxer.

Yes. I like Family Guy quotes :p
    I like non standard stuff on my iPhone for ringtones. But you can find normal stuff too.

Attached Files:

4. STEVESKI07 thread starter macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I don't want music though. I want my phone to sound like a phone ringing when somebody calls me....as crazy as that sounds.

5. RL600 macrumors member

no dude im right there with you.. its hard to come across some normal phone ring ringtones for it sometimes..

6. Cowboy8467 macrumors member

Why don't you just use the default one on the phone "old phone". It sounds just like an old fashioned phone ringing. Works for me!

7. STEVESKI07 thread starter macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I could, but I'm looking for a newer style phone ringer. I know I'm being picky, but I'd just like to have some options.

8. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same predicament OP. I dont want songs as my ringtones and dont want silly little sounds as I use my phone for business mostly as well. I have yet to find any sites that are easy to use and just list many different types of normal ringtones.
    The only thing that I have found close to better is doing a google search for other providers' ringtones and you can usually download them and just add those to your phone. For instance, I heard a ringtone in a movie that I liked and found it to be a T-mobile tone and just searched for that and found it.
    I will be watching this thread though because I need ideas as well. There has to be more resources out there somewhere!

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Try here

10. Macwick macrumors regular

You're not being picky. The 3GS was my first iPhone, and while it is an amazing device in many ways I was just floored that they don't have any ringtones that just sound like a phone ringing. It's almost like sometimes Apple does things just for the sake of being different. If they want the iPhone to ever be used as a corporate device, they may want to include at least one ringtone that doesn't sound like an episode of Loony Tunes.....

11. STEVESKI07 thread starter macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I agree. My last 3 phones were all Windows Mobile and the 3GS is my first iPhone. On my last phones there were at least 3-4 normal ringtones that you could choose from. I'm much happier with everything else with the iPhone, there's just a few things that bother me and come off a little too childish for my liking.

12. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

13. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

14. STEVESKI07 thread starter macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Great Find! Thank you! I also searched for "business" on there and had some pretty decent ringers come up.

15. STEVESKI07 thread starter macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Thank you also! That ring tone pack looks really good. I'll download it when I get home.

16. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Just a quick tip for anyone using that zedge.net site to download ringtones. I could not get their formats to drag into the Ringtones folder in iTunes. This was my solution.

Right click on file and click convert to AAC.
    Drag file to desktop
    Right click on file and click Get Info
    Replace the .m4a to .m4r
    Go back into itunes, Add to library and find that file on your desktop. It will drop it right into the Ringtones folder

Unfortunately a pain to do for many of them, but nothing else seemed to work for me. HTH

17. wpc macrumors regular

Anyone know why the iTunes ringtone creator doesn't work in the UK?

18. scotland007 macrumors regular

On Zedge, select your phone as an Apple - iPhone - 1G, this will allow you to save them as .M4R

19. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Great, thanks! I'll try that!

20. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

21. rjohnstone macrumors 68030

rjohnstone

That's not entirely true.
    Apple has killed the "Make a ringtone" or whatever it's called feature for damn near every song I have in iTunes.
    And all the songs in my library that I didn't buy through iTunes are not eligible to convert into ringtones. :rolleyes:

22. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You just trim any file using Audacity or somesuch program, save it as AAC, and change the extension to m4r.

Instant ringtone.

23. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You can use garageband instead.

Or, in iTunes, do this:
    http://www.ghacks.net/2008/08/09/create-free-ringtones-in-itunes/

24. rjohnstone macrumors 68030

rjohnstone

I tried that one and iTunes 8.2 won't accept the file as a ringtone.
    It used to work before. That's why I said Apple killed the feature.

It also doesn't help that I'm using a Windows PC either.