Where to find ORIGINAL iPhone 2G back housing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by murdercitydevil, Oct 15, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I undertook a small project making an old 2G look brand new, replacing all the exterior parts with new ones. So far everything has gone smoothly. I ordered what was advertised as an "original" OEM back cover for an iPhone from ebay, and received it yesterday to find that it's basically a piece of crap. The seller was from china, and that should have set off some alarms, but I was too trusting. I am currently in the process of trying to get my money back from them. But I digress.

Does anyone know of a legit website where one can find a REAL, ORIGINAL, STOCK iPhone 2G rear cover? I'm not talking about "OEM Quality", I'm talking about OEM, as in, this came off a real iPhone and is in brand new, original condition, straight from Apple. The only thing I've been able to find that's close is from ifixit.com; the fact that it costs a whopping 65 bucks makes me think that this could be the real deal. They say that it is indeed an OEM item, but I want to see if there's any other sellers out there that maybe have the same thing for less. Thanks in advance!

I started a thread because it seems like this may be one of those things that you just have to know about from personal experience. Google yields nothing but crappy chinese websites that probably churn out nothing but knockoffs. Believe me, the one I got in the mail was really, really bad.

2. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Try globaldirectparts.. it's blocked at work so I can't check if they have it but I know they sell OEM iPhone stuff

3. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Unfortunately they seem to have this part out of stock, but thanks for the info.

Anyone else know of a good site?

4. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

5. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

This is out of stock as well. Damn. ifixit seems to be the only place that even has these. I hope it's the real deal; I don't see any other options and I can't very well leave my 2G with it's ass end wide open.