Where to find photos inside OSX?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JarScott, Aug 4, 2013.

1. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I was going to post it in wasteland but my account won't allow me to start a new thread there?

Basically, a while ago I took a photo of myself using my MacBook which I was going to use as a profile picture at the time but I ended up not using it and deleted it, or so I thought. Recently I found myself wanting to assign an image to myself in my contacts book and saw that in the image menu under "recents" the photo I had taken a while back was still there and I could select it. I've now decided I'd like to use that image for other things such as social networks and stuff but I can't seem to find where my MacBook has stored it to go grab a copy of the image file.

Can anyone help?

2. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

Looks like they're stored here:
    ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.ImageKit.RecentPictureService/Data/Library/Images/Recent Pictures

Hope that helped!

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Wasteland is a "trash can", where moderators move threads that violate forum rules in some way. You cannot post in Wasteland.

4. JarScott thread starter macrumors 68040

JarScott

Ah, I thought that might be the case. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

----------

Aha! Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for! Internet searches were coming up dry. Thanks a lot!

5. JarScott thread starter macrumors 68040

JarScott

Got the information I wanted. Thread can be locked or deleted if there's a mod hanging around.