Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brig2221

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
I put in a pre-order last night for an aluminum (Space Grey) Apple Watch 4 with the black sport band.

I really dig the look of leather bands with this watch. I checked the Apple website, and the only leather bands I see them selling are insanely expensive Hermes bands (no thank you).

This being my first Apple Watch, I'm not familiar with any other brands outside of Apple that are good and have quality reputations.

Anyone have any brand suggestions I should look into for leather bands?

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
For some reason my amazon order history isn't working well, but I got a really nice band from Amazon, similar to the one posted above, for the same price range, about $12 give or take. The one I have is closer to this one, the middle choice, black with yellow-ish stitching, but I have the "gold" aluminum S1 watch, so the yellow stitching is perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-*****-Genuine-Leather-iWatch/dp/B078GNXT2S/

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
There were some properly authentic looking Hermes replica straps from a seller on TaoBao. Seen pictures of them in the Hermes thread. Links to that seller are dead now though unfortunately. Keeping my eye out in case replicas of that quality pop up again..

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Clockwork Synergy has some leather bands in the $35 to $45 USD range. I have a couple of their bands, including a nice leather one that I wear most of the time. They are a good company in terms of finish and support. I had a problem with an older style lug, and they sent me a whole new watch band with a newer style lug that I've been wearing a couple of years.

Also lots of options on Etsy, Amazon, etc. Just be sure you read the Amazon reviews carefully to see if people are happy with what they receive. I have a cheap leather loop knockoff that I enjoyed wearing until it started to peel. It lasted a good year, which for $25 isn't bad. I plan to get another, because the leather loop (okay, "leather" should be in quotes for the cheap knockoffs) was probably my favorite to wear while it lasted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.