Where to find refurbished iBook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AndyFL, Dec 11, 2007.

1. AndyFL macrumors regular

I found Powerbookguy.com ...are there any other reputable on-line stores that sell refurbished/used iBooks? He's way out on the left coast, and I'm in FL - don't want to pay a bundle for expedited shipping if I can avoid it. I need it in a pretty good hurry....by the weekend ideally. Already tried SmallDog and ExperCom. Thanks

Andy

2. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

There's PowerMax, Mac Of All Trades, MegaMacs. I haven't dealt with any of these stores, so I can't say that I recommend any of them. Also, you may want to try looking on Amazon since there are usually people selling used ones on there. Craigslist is also another great place to find great deals on Macs, though you probably won't find many refurbished ones.

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I bought the iBook I'm typing on from Craigslist. It was an absolute steal at $200. So try there. Otherwise, look here:

http://www.lowendmac.com/deals.shtml

You can sort by best G3 or G4 deals.

4. AndyFL thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention I've scoured the local craigslist. And there's ebay as well, but not really preferred since I'm in a hurry -- no guarantees that a person is going to ship when they say they will :) Thanks for the Lowend mac link, that's perfect!

5. AndyFL thread starter macrumors regular

DONE! I snagged a G4 1.07 from BetaMacs in CO for $399. Thanks again for the links.

6. AndyFL thread starter macrumors regular

And final follow-up (for anyone searching in the future):

BetaMacs experience was A+ -- they shipped it on the SAME day. Machine was just as advertised.