Where to find replacement indigo iBook CD-ROM Bezel?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ares1849, May 30, 2016.

1. ares1849 macrumors newbie

ares1849

I recently purchased an indigo iBook from eBay and it was damaged in shipment (the CD-ROM bezel broke off). I have to deal with the seller (haven't heard back in a few days so far), but I'm trying to find a replacement bezel in case I'm stuck with a broken iBook. I've tried eBay, PowerBook Medic, and We Love Macs and everyone is out of stock. I'll go for an entire replacement drive if need be. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

I'm in the same boat dude, my Tangerine is missing one too. There was a lot on eBay for $60, with multiples of colors. If everybody wanted one, I'd be willing to buy and reship (if everybody paid)
    EDIT:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-8-Ge...044299?hash=item2eed425a4b:g:~9gAAOSwZ8ZW9bPT
    (not my auction)

3. ares1849 thread starter macrumors newbie

ares1849

Good find! That didn't come up with any of my keyword searches. Graphite would probably be a good option if I can't find indigo.

4. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Yeah, I do a lot of deeper digging, usually with mis-spelt titles. If you end up buying that, I'd love a Tangerine bezel!

5. CooperBox macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

I note that a few in that lot are damaged (plastic fastener/clips broken) which could make firm attachment difficult if not impossible. Not only that, they are genuaine and ventage - which is rare......;)

6. bobesch macrumors 6502a

bobesch

Right - if you check details, it comes out only 1 (of 4) Graphite, the 2 Indiogo and the 2 Tangerine seem to be ok (with one Tangerine partially fixed with parts of a KeyLime).
    I 've sent a message to the seller a few weeks ago and asked him for a reduced price but he replied this was the lowest price he would sell for...

7. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Yeah...right dude. Probably holding on for a desperate sucker. Doesn't take up much space to keep it kicking around.

8. ares1849 thread starter macrumors newbie

ares1849

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't even realize that would cause a problem.

9. chip1 macrumors member

If there were keylime, I would go for one even with that price...

10. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You may have good luck by searching the computer section on Shop Goodwill. You often can get a good parts machine for that price.