Where to find Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by freeny, Oct 10, 2012.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Went to upgrade my laptop to Mountain Lion and it says my hardware is incompatible.

My laptop is running 10.6 and I want to upgrade it to 10.7. instead of 10.8 so I can use the current Keynote app on it.

My tower was upgraded to 10.7 but I have no idea where to find the installer to use it on my laptop. I Have Time Machine back up but I have no idea what the file name would be or where the installer was kept when it downloaded from the App store.

Any help would be appreciated...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your thread title doesn't reflect your post. The title suggests you're looking for Snow Leopard, but then you claim it's already installed. You talk about upgrading to Lion (10.7), but Lion is no longer available for sale. The most current version of Mac OS X is 10.8, Mountain Lion. It would help if you state the exact year and model of your Mac notebook, so we can determine the maximum OS version it supports.

3. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

I have a tower (running 10.7)
    I have a laptop (running 10.6)
    I need to upgrade my laptop to 10.7 from 10.6
    Where does the installer download to when you purchase a new OS?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You haven't specified what model. Not all models can support the newer OS versions.

5. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

If you cannot answer my question "Where does the installer download to when you purchase a new OS?" then please step aside so someone who knows can.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, the installer is deleted after the OS is installed. Second, the installer won't work on all models. Third, if you're unwilling to cooperate when people are trying to help, perhaps you shouldn't ask for help in the first place. :rolleyes:

7. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

I understand the installer is deleted once installed. But I have Time Machine back up. I would like to see if it still exists in Time Machine...

I also understand that not all OS versions run on all hardware models.

Weather the OS runs in my laptop is not important to my question. I would just like to know where the installer downloads to and perhaps the installers name.

Im being quite cooperative. You are seeking information outside of what I am asking.

8. kryten2 macrumors 6502a