Where to find 'subscribable' calendars

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisWilder07, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ChrisWilder07 macrumors regular

where do i find these calendars, like if i wanted to subscribe to the rangers' baseball schedule, how do i subscribe to that

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

I believe calendar subscriptions are meant to be used between individuals.

3. Branskins macrumors 65816

Its under Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Go to add new account, other, and you should see it somewhere in there.

Now, can someone tell me some addresses I can use to subscribe to things? :)

4. Pcpro745 macrumors newbie

itd be nice if you could see multiple exchange calendars, Does anyone know howt o add multiple gmail calendars? someone said you can add like 25?

5. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Actually is there a subscribe US holiday calendar, that could be useful.

6. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

7. Pcpro745 macrumors newbie

8. Branskins macrumors 65816

I think you add them to outlook and then sync your phone in iTunes under Other. Make sure you check the sync calendar (I think!)

9. Pcpro745 macrumors newbie

yeah thats not gonna work for me lol, I used exchange sync, unless theres a way to add multiple exchange calendars?

10. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

Im at work right now but I will record a video tutorial tonight and post a link here. 3.0 is great :D

11. mdzwolf macrumors member

With 3.0, is there a way to get the birthday calendar to show up on the iPhone yet? I just installed 3.0 and even though I have birthdays entered in my contacts the calendar doesn't show up on the iPhone like it does in iCal or MobileMe.

12. SAG3194 macrumors 6502

SAG3194

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Branskins macrumors 65816

Thank you!

I am curious, why is it set up this way? Why does each calendar have to have its own account?

14. lauren7 macrumors newbie

The way I got my birthday calendar to work is: in iCal right click on Birthday calendar, select "Publish", pick options, copy URL, email URL to your phone, open mail on phone and click on URL link to subscribe.

It works well except now in my iPhone's calendar month view, all dates have the little dot like there is an event there, even if there is not an event on that date.

I am sure it is the birthdays calendar that is doing this because I went through all of the calendars individually. Any suggestions?

It's pretty annoying...

15. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

16. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

Subscription calendars won't show up on your iPhone or iPod touch, but you can export the Birthday calendar from iCal to the desktop and then import back in as a New Calendar and then it will show up.

17. eh270 macrumors regular

I added my wife's calendar, which is published on mobileme, and it slowed down my entire iPhone tremendously. the calendar app became borderline unusable. maybe it's because her calendar has a lot of events? seems nutty.