Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comicsniffers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
OC, CA
From what I have researched, it seems as though the only back plates that will currently work for the iPhone 4s are the Verizon CDMA versions for the iPhone 4. Any suggestions on where to find some? I keep finding transparent back plates for the GSM counterparts.

TIA

al0513

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2011
I remember reading something on a site, lifehacker I think, about someone buying one of those fake black backs and using nail polish remover or paint thinner (cant remember which one but im leaning towards nail polish remover) to take off the black paint to make it transparent. Go buy one of those cheap black backs and give it a shot.

hizzaah

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
CNN.cn

This is where I ordered mine from.. Don't forget to add a OEM flash diffuser or your flash will cause you wash-out issues. You'll need to superglue the diffuser on later..

And a pentalope screwdriver if your phone use the five star screws..

They've taken a while to get my order ready, but I started spamming their email and using their online chat and all of a sudden my order is "almost" ready to go! They claimed the aluminum backplate i ordered was on back order, but I was never notified and their site continues to say that it's in stock. I'm pushing them to upgrade my shipping for free since They've had my money for over 10 days now and it's still not done being processed..

bl00per

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2011
Can you explain exactly where to put the diffuser on and how much glue and all that. I am also planning to buy a backplate...but there doesn't seem to be any instructions anywhere on exactly how to add the diffuser to the backplate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.