where to find used macs (not online)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by John585, May 8, 2009.

1. John585 macrumors member

I live in the the California bay area and I'm looking for a place that sells used macs. I'm looking for the newer macs not the old ones. Even though they have good deals online I'd rather see one in person before buying one used.

2. I3eXa macrumors 6502

you can always search your local craigslist listings

3. John585 thread starter macrumors member

I'm selling my 2Ghz mb to get the 2.4Ghz but no one seems interested. I'm trying to get as close to the orginal retail price. I have a 500gb hard drive on it so hopefully it will make up for the loss in value over the last 6 months.

4. jpyc7 macrumors 6502

We Fix Macs in Palo Alto

I might have been inside their store once, but it's been years. Some googling found that they have a website (and another store in Santa Clara).
    www.allmac.com You might give them a call to make sure they sell complete systems retail.

There's a used computer (and parts) store in Sunnyvale, but I don't remember if they have much in the way of Macintosh. I can't remember their name, but they're on Mathilda Ave past Yahoo's campus (away from the highway) on the right side.

I don't know any places outside of the South Bay, but I'm sure there are other Mac stores in the bay area.