Where to find vintage macs?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by rocketman92, Jan 23, 2015.

1. rocketman92 macrumors newbie

Hi, Im looking for a good retailer for some vintage macs, and how much i should pay for them. I am not in the United States so shipping could be more expensive but Im wondering where I could look online for some of these macs, such as the Performa, Quadra, etc. Would anyone know where to find some for good prices?

2. bunnspecial, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015

bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Many of mine have been free or close to it(although as I've gotten into collecting G4s I've had to start forking over money to get specific variations)

The best things I've found to do are

1. Talk and get the word out to people that you are interested in them

2. Listen for any mention of people getting rid of them.

Many folks are happy to see them go to a "good home" rather than trashing/recycling them.

In addition, here in the US we have Craigslist, which is an online, free, country-wide classified ad service. It has yielded a LOT of Macs and Mac-related stuff for me. If your country has an equivalent, it's worth watching.

By the way, in most cases I'd say forget shipping from the US. Even within the US, it can get really expensive really fast. I'm trying to work out a deal with someone on here for a specific Quicksilver(again, a hard to find variation in superb condition) and the shipping is looking to be around $60, admittedly across the country. The same seller sold me a G4 cube, and it was over $40 to ship.

For the models you're asking about, the cost of shipping from the US would likely be several times the value of the system.