Where to find

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by palm57, Nov 11, 2011.

1. palm57 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    I'm new on the board. After there's a system update with Lion, is there a place I can go to see what's been updated, if it's not a .# update? I remember being able to view a list with SL. Thanks!

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Is this... http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4767 ... what you're looking for?

3. palm57 thread starter macrumors newbie

No. When your system updates, like last night. Where can I find a list of what was done during that update? I know it shows under About This Mac when it goes from 10.7.1 -> 10.7.2 and things like that, but what about the update my computer found yesterday? It never says what was going to happen, or what was installed. Just that there were 2 updates. Know what I mean?

4. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

It tells you in the little details section. Granted, it's just a short summary.

I've actually never questioned an update coming from Apple. Now, I may wait a few days if it's an app and not system related just to see if others say the update "broke" something but other than that... just accept the software updates.

5. palm57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where is the details section? That's what I can't find.

6. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

It's in the software app right below the list of updates you're about to download/install. Highlight an update and it will show the major changes.

That's the only time you see it... right before you approve the update(s). Otherwise, you'll have to go to Apple's site for the full list of changes as mentioned earlier.

7. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

When the software update app finds an update (as opposed to you opening the app and checking youself), you have to click on the "Details" button in the window that pops up alerting you of the update(s) in order to see what is going to be installed.

8. palm57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, I see. Thank you!