Where to get 2.1 Apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ozz3000, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ozz3000 macrumors newbie

Hello i recently upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.1

with 2.1 i cant find any of the apps i used to have.

some apps i need back in 2.1 are MobileScrobbler, Agile Messenger, Customize, Summerboard

i downloaded customize but that crashes when i open it.

i dont like winterboard because it doesnt have nearly as much customizablity as customize has. all i can do with winterboard is set themes, make bars transparent etc. i liked customize because i could search for wallpapers and themes and use them, also with winterboard i cant edit strings :(

so yeah im just wondering where i could find the best apps for 2.1 i kinda regret upgrading to 2.1 but whatever

2. brightshadow360 macrumors member

upgrading erases everything I think. Did you jailbreak yet? if so, you should have cidia and installer on your touch. you get apps from there, not from the net.

3. ozz3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i jailbroke. i have cydia and installer, but they have a very little selection

4. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

1.winterboard does everything customize did and more just google to find everything you can do
    2. Download scrobble from cydia
    3. Get either aim or beejiveim

5. ozz3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

winterboard cant change system strings, and customize you could search for the specific thing you wanted (wallpaper, sliders etc.) Winterboard is just a list of On/Off functions for things u downloaded.. man i miss customize :(

o well i guess ill just stick with this, my customize isnt working still

6. RRutter macrumors 6502

You can't download any of those 3rd party apps in the new cydia/installer..

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

customize - dead app no support in it's website anymore either

summerboard - replaced by winterboard

8. supernenei macrumors newbie

See, what you must do is go to cydia and and click on "manage" oçin the bottom of the screen, then you tap sources and tap "edit", then you tap "add" and write this source: Cydia.hackulo.us You tap add source and ready you have that source on your cydia. Now go back to sections and in utilities search for "appshare" and "installous" and install them. After you installed them, you to your home screen and tap on appshare and then you can install all the cracked apps from the app store