Where to get a Mac Pro 2009 Bluetooth Antenna - Possible Fix for **** bluetooth.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Inconsequential, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

Basically the location of the bluetooth antenna means if you have the mac back facing towards you its fine, RSSI (Signal strength basically) is 0 which is the best you can get.

Move it so the side with the door is facing the mouse, this drops to -10 and jumpyness occurs.

So basically I need to source an antenna from the MP 2009 and put it somewhere else.

Any body know where in the UK I can get one with the right connection?

Don't want to use a little bluetooth adapter if I can really help it :eek:

Cheers!

2. skotopes macrumors newbie

hard day?

basically standart MP antenna should works fine. But, lot of people connect there bt-modules to wi-fi wire 3 or 2 or where ever else. Probably you are one of them. check that label on wire is "BT" not "1" or "2" or "3".

In other cases you have bad hardware or connection between antenna and module.

3. Transporteur macrumors 68030

2009 Mac Pros don't have such labelling because the WiFi and BT antennas are approximately 10 inches away from each other.

No way to swap the cables.

4. Inconsequential thread starter macrumors 68000

Mac Pro 2008 and earlier the BT card and WiFi cards are at the front with the wires all in the same place.

Mac Pro 2009 the bluetooth is at the back, therefore there is no wires to change.

It works fine as long as you are in one of the good signal spots, which isn't anywhere apart from behind it, which is therefore useless for me as to let my mighty mouse work I need to turn the MP so the back faces along the desk, instead of the side...