Where to get a MBP battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by namso, Oct 14, 2010.

1. namso macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Recently, I spilled an entire bottle of vodka on my computer under mysterious circumstances. After drying, it worked with some damage in the screen, but the battery died entirely - it only works from mains. Now, I had never complained or thought it was a bad idea when Apple switched to internal batteries, but I use my computer every day and it'll be too much hassle for me to get it to some apple service and have them fix it.

So, I thought about just getting a battery and installing it myself [I took out the dead one anyways], but I only know ifixit and I was wondering if there was someplace I could get it in the UK as I'm not sure about customs stuff - I found this one applemacparts.co.uk, but they don't have it in stock. Do you guys know a place? I'd really appreciate it.

It's the 15" mid-2009 c2d version by the way

2. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

Your computer is broke mate. It might be that it's working now, though you need to keep it charged up but soon enough whats left of your Vodka inside will rust the components in time. You may think it's dry but it won't be 100%.

Conclusion, you need a new laptop or will do very soon.

3. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

+1, Liquid damage is both immediate and over time. bummer, a waste of good vodka (hopefully top shelf stuff) and a good laptop.

4. namso thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it's been two weeks and the only change I noticed is that screen got a lot better - it was smudged halfway and now there are just two spots which I assume are permanently damaged, and back then the computer didn't even start up with the battery plugged in even if it was also connected to mains, I originally took it out because of that - I tried putting it back in two days ago, it worked then when connected to mains but it didn't charge and the status was 'replace now' - if it was water I'd be more concerned though.

Anyways, I'll be happy if it lasts until sandy bridge comes out :D
    In the meantime, I need a battery

It was pretty tragic indeed, and none of it would have happened if Chase vodka didn't use a cork and used a cap like everyone else - it must have slipped...