where to get a screen cover like this?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jng, Aug 7, 2007.

1. jng macrumors 65816

jng

2. SWC macrumors 6502

From what I understand they come with the higher end nikon cameras. I am a canon guy though so I dont know 100% for sure. I use an invisible sheild and it is wonderful, no distortion or lack of visibility at all.

http://www.shieldzone.com/

3. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

I'll second the invisible shield. I don't really like the clip on protectors like this. The invisible shield is great.

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

They have those things all over ebay. I know, not my favorite place either, but thats were I got mine.

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Third. Have one on my D2x and it's muuuuch better than the supplied plastic cover.

6. JDN macrumors 6502a

I don't think those clip on plastic ones come with the D40 or D40x due to the size of the screen. I didn't get one with my D40x.

7. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

I'm pretty sure they come with the D80/D70's and upwards.

8. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

9. jng thread starter macrumors 65816

jng

Ah Well, just curious. Shieldzone seems to be expensive. I guess I'll just leave the camera as is and try to prevent it from touching anything.

10. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

It's semi expensive for what you get yes. Mine was $12 but that included shipping.

If you're feeling cheap, you can look into that plastic material they use to make invisible bumpers (paint chip protection) for cars. That's all this is. And all you'd have to do is cut it to a square shape. But last I checked, the cost of that was close enough to the invisible shield and I decided it wasn't worth my hassle.

11. McCord9 Suspended

Screen protector worth it

It really is worth it to buy a screen protector, especially since you have gotten into Nikon at the bottom end of their line (like I did with my D50) and will want to probably invest in a higher end camera in the future. Not having the protector would really hurt your resale chances later...

12. SWC macrumors 6502

Also note invisible shield gives you lifetime warranty so if you scratch it or whatnot they replace it for free.

13. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

It being the invisible shield, not the camera I believe. I mean I know they will replace the shield for you, but I'm not sure what they do if your camera is damaged.

14. SWC macrumors 6502

Yeah sorry shouldve clarifieid that. The protector itself not what it is protecting.