Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SWC

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
where can i get a screen cover like in this photo?

http://www.crumplerbags.com/Cart/Resources/CartResources/218_res/b218_o10278_ai261.jpg

I'm looking for one for a Nikon D40

I've tried searching under "screen protector" at amazon, best buy, circuit city...

From what I understand they come with the higher end nikon cameras. I am a canon guy though so I dont know 100% for sure. I use an invisible sheild and it is wonderful, no distortion or lack of visibility at all.

http://www.shieldzone.com/

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
From what I understand they come with the higher end nikon cameras. I am a canon guy though so I dont know 100% for sure. I use an invisible sheild and it is wonderful, no distortion or lack of visibility at all.

http://www.shieldzone.com/

I'll second the invisible shield. I don't really like the clip on protectors like this. The invisible shield is great.

jng

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
Ah Well, just curious. Shieldzone seems to be expensive. I guess I'll just leave the camera as is and try to prevent it from touching anything.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
Ah Well, just curious. Shieldzone seems to be expensive. I guess I'll just leave the camera as is and try to prevent it from touching anything.

It's semi expensive for what you get yes. Mine was $12 but that included shipping.

If you're feeling cheap, you can look into that plastic material they use to make invisible bumpers (paint chip protection) for cars. That's all this is. And all you'd have to do is cut it to a square shape. But last I checked, the cost of that was close enough to the invisible shield and I decided it wasn't worth my hassle.

McCord9

Suspended
Mar 5, 2003
New York City
Screen protector worth it

It really is worth it to buy a screen protector, especially since you have gotten into Nikon at the bottom end of their line (like I did with my D50) and will want to probably invest in a higher end camera in the future. Not having the protector would really hurt your resale chances later...

SWC

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
Also note invisible shield gives you lifetime warranty so if you scratch it or whatnot they replace it for free.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
Also note invisible shield gives you lifetime warranty so if you scratch it or whatnot they replace it for free.

It being the invisible shield, not the camera I believe. I mean I know they will replace the shield for you, but I'm not sure what they do if your camera is damaged.

SWC

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
It being the invisible shield, not the camera I believe. I mean I know they will replace the shield for you, but I'm not sure what they do if your camera is damaged.

Yeah sorry shouldve clarifieid that. The protector itself not what it is protecting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.