Where to get an iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foxnews1, Sep 22, 2010.

1. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

I am getting an iphone. should I get it from ATT store or order it on the phone/online? I also have corp discount from work. my local store said that they have in stock and offered free activation and also said that as soon as the phone leaves the store, any issues have to go through apple. is that true?

2. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Yes, this is true. I would go through AT&T, as it sounds like they are giving you a better deal here. You would have to go through Apple either way for warranty issues, so I would not let this stop you from getting the iPhone through AT&T.

3. foxnews1 thread starter macrumors 6502

does it make any difference between getting it from local store vs from ATT online/phone? from my eperience with sprint, getting on the phone get much better deal and exchange than from store.

4. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

No. You will pay the same regardless of whether you get it online or in the store.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No difference. Same product, with the same warranty sold at different locations thats all.
    You wont get it any cheaper from the phone, or at the store.
    And the activation fee can be waived by calling AT&T either way since you have a corp discount if it ends up showing up on your bill next month.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

OP, buy it wherever you can get the best deal. As others have stated, the warranty is taken care of by Apple, so it won't matter where you initially get it.