Where to get InvisibleShield installed?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Saberon, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Saberon macrumors 6502a

I've decided to buy an Invisible Shield for my iPad but I'm terrible at applying screen protectors. Where can I go to get it installed? All the "Zagg retailers" in Calgary said they don't install them. For those of you who bought them, who applied it?

2. BruiserB macrumors 65816

I did my own and was really pleased with the results and I'm usually crappy at this sort of thing too. The good part is that you wet the surface with the spray and lay down the sheet. It kind of "floats" on the wet surface, so you can do some sliding adjustment before squeegeeing it down. You may see some bubbles at first, but they go away in a day or so. I have had trouble with protectors that have an adhesive, but they tend to be get it exactly right on the first try or you are toast. This is much more forgiving.

Check on YouTube for videos of people applying it and it will make you more confident. If you really need to have it applied, all of the mall kiosks in my area that sell it do the application too for an extra charge.

3. Saberon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm Thanks, I really prefer the PS anti glare ones but it costs $29 for shipping to Canada!! I'll watch some videos and see where that leads.

Thank you

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I did my own IS install on our work iPad and it was a *bear* to get done nicely. I did it, and no bubbles, but my dining room was full of swear words that evening. :/

When I got my own iPad, I went to Best Buy and had someone there put Ghost Armor full body install on it for me. Looks beautiful, no bubbles, and I didn't have to pull my hair out fighting the install. Also, the Ghost Armor has less "orange peel" effect than the IS, in my opinion.

I still use IS on my iPhone 4 (and apply that myself, since there isn't as much screen to deal with), but you might want to check out Ghost Armor, or see if a shop up there in Canada might be able to do the install.

5. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

I also live in Calgary and dont know anyplace that will...

I was interested in buying the Zagg, but people say it feels to rubbery.

Installation looks pretty easy, just use lots of fluid and be sure not to get it in the ports. At least thats what youtube says