where to get ip4s on launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6mtg37s, Oct 11, 2011.

1. 6mtg37s macrumors member

Which store would you guys recommend for the iphone 4s launch? Can anyone give insight on which store would have less of a line? Or have more iphones available. I'm debating best buy, apple store (there are two next to each other in my area), att store or radio shake?

2. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

3. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

Apple Store, and you'd have to be extremely lucky, I guess, if you didn't preorder/not camping.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Be sure to get the one with the bigger Gee Bees and ask if it comes with a case.

5. 6mtg37s thread starter macrumors member

Has anyone pre ordered it from best buy? And does the apple store take pre orders?

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

7. 6mtg37s thread starter macrumors member

I read a couple posts, everyone is saying stay away from it. I wonder if they really will have it on the 14th

8. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Based on my previous experience, lines seem to be relative to the amount of stock a store has, or expects to have. I haven't waited in line for any of my iPhones--picked up 3G and 3GS a few days after initial launch at Apple stores and IIRC, only had to wait about 30 mins, and preordered the 4 for home delivery--but if this launch is anything like the iPhone 4's, getting a phone at an Apple Store may be a crap shoot for the next few weeks.

Best Buy, Radio Shack, and the carrier stores all have significantly less stock so I'd guess they'll all be sold out fairly quickly Friday morning. I also read that preorders at Best Buy are actually worthless as they actually don't reserve a unit for you and that those waiting in line have priority--makes no sense whatsoever.

My guess is that if you can't get to a location early in the morning to wait in line, you are likely going to be out of luck.

9. 6mtg37s thread starter macrumors member

^I'm waking up at 4am to get one, I sold my 4 and I cant live any longer with this blackjack crap Im using right now hahaa

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

Sam's club has said they will have them an many locations.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Go to a rural apple location about 6 hours ahead.

12. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

A 'rural' Apple location? Last I checked, Apple wasn't building stores out in the sticks. Example please of what you consider to be a 'rural' Apple store.

13. iancruz4895 macrumors member

14. 0blivion macrumors member