Where to get latest 8600M GT drivers for XP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slowpoke, Nov 13, 2007.

1. slowpoke macrumors regular

slowpoke

I've downloaded three sets of drivers from Nvidia so far, and none of them are compatible with my MBP.

Could someone please ease my troubles and directly link me to the latest Forceware drivers? Currently running 101.34.

2. false macrumors newbie

3. slowpoke thread starter macrumors regular

slowpoke

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Official as in written by Nvidia, yes.

Official as in "approved" by Apple, no.

5. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

I tried downloading and installing the latest drivers (also downloaded the INF file next to it, don't know if it was the right one) and xp BSOD'ed every time it starts up. Anyone knows what drivers work fine with the SR MBP 2.2?

6. wootdawg macrumors newbie

I'm using the nvidia 169.09 beta drivers with the modded inf file from here.

You basically download the driver .exe file, extract it using 7zip, download the modded inf file, replace the stock inf with the modded one in the extracted driver folder, and then install the driver using the "have disk" method.

7. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Thx mate. I spent 3 hours last night installing random drivers from that site (not the beta ones obviously) and they all worked horribly or not at all. Made me remember why I changed to mac in the first place. :D

8. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Still a no go. They have some weird problem with my Dell 2005fpw display, so while the settings say 1680x1050 the image is all pushed in. Very annoying since the primary reason for using these drivers was to make dual pane view easier. I don't know what I am doing wrong...

9. boardtrick macrumors newbie

anybody got a mirror for those 8600m gt drivers from laptop2go? their site is down...

10. gpeden macrumors regular

Hi Slowpoke,

I was having difficulties getting a driver to work with XP and Tiger in Bootcaamp and I found success with the driver linked to in this page by Apple:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306891

I think I read about it at MacNN, that someone was using it successfully with Tiger (even though they are meant for Leopard), so I gave it a whirl and finally got to use my graphics processor hungry PC R/C flight sim on my own computer :)

Cheers!

Glen

11. byttle macrumors member

byttle

12. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

I want to install any drives, but dont know where to start.

I play battlefield 2142, and tried to install hitman blood money but it didnt work.

any one help? also, i want it to be official, not mods or cracks or anything