Where to get logicboard for ibook?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by skinniezinho, Nov 22, 2009.

1. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,I am thinking of repairing my ibook (800Mhz G3 12') .
    It had the ati graphics problem,then I heat it up,no good,went to a university to "re-solder" (I don't know for sure) but no luck (I think it may even got too hot when I tried fixing it).
    The question is where is the best place to buy a logicboard "cheap" and if possible with warranty?I only see board with 14 days warranty @75eur with shipping for portugal..14days is too low :S

Other possibility is getting a faulty one that that has not been repaired,and repair it on ebay,with a user that offers 1year warranty (100% feedback),any options here?because lots of users tend to try the "heat" process and then it may damage the board just like I did...
    Opinions and suggestions needed :)
    If anyone has a deffective g3 800Mhz logicboard to give/sell please tell me :)
    Help saving an ibook g3 :)

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. skinniezinho thread starter macrumors 6502a

nothing..and I remember checking before and it was out but was price @ 250 dollars or something..that is way too much :S
    I won't give more than 80/100eur..

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It may not be worth it to fix, if that is the case. You may be able to get another machine, maybe even a G4 for that price.

5. skinniezinho thread starter macrumors 6502a

the latest machine that I saw was a pb g4..and it was 300eur..and it was a "good " price..
    my ibook is mint,I don't mind giving 80eur for "good" dead logicboard + repair + shipping,but can't seem to find one "cheap"...
    oh..and I am waiting for the "new" mbp,so it was somehow "stupid" throwing 300eur in other latop..but 80eur is +- good for repairing a mint ibook :) for me off course..
    Aren't there anyone that would like to giveaway one dead-but not repaired logicboard for my ibook g3?:D

6. Archon Gold macrumors 6502

you could always check thepowerbookguy (google him)

or dvwarehouse.com

7. skinniezinho thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the tips :)
    they are both too much money for my taste :(

110eur for the fist and about 135eur for the second..without shipping :S
    I'll guess I have to search ebay..