Where to get old (used/new) 8-core mac pro from?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TechViking, Mar 3, 2009.

1. TechViking macrumors regular

Any tips for where to get the old 8-core mac pro from?

Will new ones not be able to get now? If they are still available from somewhere, will they go down in price?

Where can one find used ones? And how much should I pay for a used 8-core old mac pro?

Thanks.

2. mdk100 macrumors newbie

Where to get previous version Mac Pro

I got mine back in January through Amazon (8 core, 2.8GHz) for $2600 total (including tax and shipping = zero). They are slightly more than that now, but keep checking. I signed up for an Amazon card to get no payments or interest for 12 months, so I figure that's worth another hundred or so. I'm pretty pleased I didn't wait any longer after MacWorld....this one will last me a long time and I have NO buyers remorse now seeing the new models! :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MA970LL...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236107819&sr=8-1

3. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Macmall.com :D

4. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

start checking the applestore.com refurb section....im sure alot will start showing up soon at very competitive prices...maybe around the same pricepoint as the current/new gen models ~2400 or lower.

5. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Hit the Store, refurbished section, if your serious about it , than refresh and check morning noon and night, I have seen stuff come and go with in less than a hour. Or check and see in the market place , post a WTB MacPro

6. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Buy it from someone that is selling it for a Nehalem.

Make sure they have Apple Care.

7. buckthorn macrumors newbie

Amazon and MacMall have them for roughly the same price, ~$2600. The question is, is this a better deal than a new Mac Pro Quad Core? It's roughly $600 less than a new double quad 2.66 with 8GB ram and an ATI 4870 (and the larger hard drive). Tough decision...

What do others think?